Effective as from 5 March 2010.
1. How we collect and use personal information
When you sign up for a DTG account or purchase DTG’s products and services available on the DTG web page, we may ask you for certain personal information such as email address, postal address, age, and residence. In addition, when you use the DTG Blog, DTG Premium Membership Service and DTG Websites, we will automatically receive information about your use of the blog, service and website including personal information such as media that you access, queries you make, date and time of your request, your Internet protocol address, performance of your network and computer, your browser type, language and identifying information, your operating system and application version.
We will use your personal information (i) to provide the products and services that you have purchased or requested (including the display of customized content and advertising), (ii) to communicate with you concerning your account and customer service issues. (iii) to personalize and improve the DTG Blog, the DTG Premium Membership Service and the DTG Websites, (iv) to ensure the technical functioning of our products and services, (v) to develop new products and services, and (vi) to protect the copyright-protected content of the DTG Premium Membership Service (e.g. by limiting access to the DTG Premium Membership Service content to users with a DTG Premium Membership account).
2. Sharing information with others
Unless you give us your explicit approval in advance we will only share your personal information as is necessary to:
- Provide you with the products or services that you have purchased or requested.
- Enforce the terms and conditions of the DTG Terms and Conditions of Use
- Comply with laws and regulations or respond to litigation.
- Allow advertising audits and analysis measuring the size and composition of the group of users that have listened to and/or viewed an advertisement or other promotional information.
- Allow us to use a third party to perform surveys measuring your experiences and use of our services (not permitting the third party to use your personal information for any other purpose).
- Allow us to share aggregated statistics about use of the DTG Blog and the DTG Premium Membership Service with our business partners. We will not, however, share personally identifying information with these partners or any third parties, except under the narrow circumstances described above.
3. Transfer of personal information to other countries
We take a number of steps to keep your personal information secure from unauthorized access. For example, we ask you to use a unique and strong password and not to share this information with anyone. In addition, we use encrypted transmissions to limit access to the systems that store your personal information. Further, we respect and comply with US legislation on data protection.
5. Access to personal information and corrections
You can access and update some of the personal information we keep on you through the DTG Premium Membership Service by logging in and accessing the Member Profile page in the Premium Content sidebar.
We may also store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) that we can access when you visit the DTG Websites in future. We do this to help improve the user experience of the website.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
9. English version prevails
Copyright © 2010 NCTC,Inc. dba Discovery Trading Group. All rights reserved